Monday, November 21, 2011

4 Truths From a 4 Year Old
Part 4

By Ace McKay



As we wrap up the final week in the series, we are looking at the final truth that needs attention when it comes to your music.

She Only Wants A “Variety” of Songs “She Loves.”

I want my daughter to be diverse in her musical taste. Her variety is widespread but again it’s only on the songs she really loves and I enjoy when she brings music to me now that I’ve not heard. Our listeners are the same way. It’s not our job to make them listen to a bunch of songs and styles because we want them to be diverse and educated. Basically, this truth points out the misinterpretation of “variety”. They ONLY want a variety of the songs they love not a bunch of new music.
Now, this is not rocket science. If you have kids, you’ve probably witnessed some of this behavior from them. No matter how much I want my daughter to like what I like, she’s only going to like what “she likes.”
Bottom line, People don’t listen to radio for music. The listen to the radio for music they love!
Last Weeks Blog: 4 Truths From a 4 Year Old Part 3

No comments:

Post a Comment